Preparing for your Appointment (if having anaesthetic)
If you are on any medication or have had a recent bad cold or flu, or have diabetes, high blood pressure, epilepsy, or any other medical condition, please inform the staff when making your booking, as you may require a specially scheduled appointment and the doctor may need to give you specific instructions.
If you suffer from asthma or diabetes, please bring your medication with you.
What to Bring
- Your Medicare Card.
- Pension/Concession (Health Care) cards**
- Clinic fee (cash)
- Or accepted credit card (no cheques or AMEX)
- A spare pair of clean underpants (not g-string).
- Comfortable clothes, no tight jeans, panty-hose, g-strings or body suits.
- Personal Identification (i.e Drivers Licence, Passport or two credit / bank cards)
- Any Notes from your doctor, Ultrasound or reports
- Any medication you are taking (including inhaler)
- Favourite book or magazine
** Patients who are not permanent residents of Australia, holding temporary Medicare Cards, will have to pay the full amount in cash. An itemised receipt will be provided.
What NOT to Bring
- Valuables or wear jewellery, including handbag. We will not accept responsibility for any losses.
- More than one person to accompany you to the Clinic.
- Any children. Babies are not permitted in the Clinic.
Please shower and shampoo your hair on the morning of the procedure.
Important Anaesthetic Information
You may choose to have NO anaesthetic for your IUD insertion OR just a local for IUD or Mirena procedures.
Please ask the Staff when booking.
BEFORE your procedure (if having anaesthetic)
- Nothing to EAT, DRINK or SMOKE for at least 6 hours prior to your appointment time.
- Water may be consumed up to two hours prior to your procedure.
- Don't suck sweets nor chew gum before your Clinic visit.