Requirements for Contraception - Preparing for your Appointment
If you are on any medication or have had a recent bad cold or flu, or have diabetes, high blood pressure, epilepsy, or any other medical condition, please inform the staff when making your booking, as you may require a specially scheduled appointment and the doctor may need to give you specific instructions.
If you suffer from asthma or diabetes, please bring your medication with you.
What to Bring
- Medicare Card
- Health Care Card/Pension Card
- 2 sanitary pads (for IUD insertion)
- If you are having a sedation, wear comfortable clothes
- Legal Identification (i.e Drivers Licence, passport, birth certificate)
- Any notes from your doctor
- Any medication you are taking
- Bring something to keep you occupied. We have magazines readily available
Note: Medicare cards do not count as a form of ID
What NOT to Bring
- Do NOT bring valuables
- If you are having a sedation, do NOT wear make-up, jewelerry, or piercings
- Do NOT bring more than one person to accompany you to the clinic
- Do NOT bring anyone under the age of 12 into the facility (infants and children)
Please shower and shampoo your hair on the morning of the procedure.
BEFORE Your Procedure (if having a sedation)
- Nothing to EAT, DRINK, or SMOKE for at least 6 hours prior to your appointment time (this includes gum and lollies)
- Water may be consumed up to two hours prior to your appointment time
If you eat or drink anything prior to your procedure, your procedure will be delayed for up to 6 hours or you will be rescheduled until your next menstrual period.