Post Discharge Instructions
GSDS strives to provide high quality care and as part of this we would like to provide some general instructions for you to follow after your procedure and leaving the clinic:
If you have chosen to have an anaesthetic, for the next 24 hours you should not:
- Drive a vehicle, ride a bike or operate complex machinery
- Make any important decisions
- Sign legal documents
- Drink alcohol
You should contact GSDS if any of the following occur:
- Severe pain not controlled by the medication suggested
- Continuing bleeding that is heavier than the heaviest day of normal menstrual period and saturates more than one pad an hour.
- Chills or fever with an oral temperature of 37.5 degrees or more
- Foul smelling discharge
Post Discharge Care
FLUIDS/DIET: Light foods for the rest of the day, then resume normal diet tomorrow.
PAIN RELIEF: Take your prescribed medication in accordance with instructions on your prescription. DO NOT TAKE ASPIRIN
POST OP VISIT: You will need to see your GP after your next period.
HYGIENE: Have showers, not baths for the next two (2) weeks.
NO sexual intercourse for two (2) weeks.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems or concerns. Our Staff are specialists in this area and can provide expert advice.
If you are concerned go direct to your GP or nearest Hospital facility.
Need to book an appointment?Contact Us
Or have questions visit www.abortion-faq.com.au