Requirements - Surgical Abortion
Preparing For Your Appointment
If you are on any medication or have had a recent bad cold or flu, or have diabetes, high blood pressure, epilepsy, or any other medical condition, please inform the staff when making your booking. You may require a specially scheduled appointment and the doctor may need to give you specific instructions.
If you suffer from asthma or diabetes, please bring your medication with you.
What to Bring
- Your Medicare Card.
- Pension/Concession (Health Care) cards**
- Clinic fee (cash)
- Or accepted credit card (no cheques or AMEX)
- A spare pair of clean underpants (not g-string).
- 2 Sanitary Pads
- Comfortable clothes, no tight jeans, panty-hose, g-strings or body suits.
- Personal Identification (i.e Drivers Licence, Passport or two credit / bank cards)
- Any Notes from your doctor, Ultrasound or reports
- Any medication you are taking (including inhaler)
- Favourite book or magazine
** Patients who are not permanent residents of Australia, holding temporary Medicare Cards, will have to pay the full amount in cash. An itemised receipt will be provided.
What NOT to Bring
- Valuables or wear jewellery, including handbag. We will not accept responsibility for any losses.
- More than one person to accompany you to the Clinic.
- Children or babies, they are not permitted in the Clinic.
Please shower and shampoo your hair on the morning of the procedure.
Blood Tests (e.g. blood group, pos/neg)
You will be required to have your blood group documentation, e.g. donor card or pathology test result, available prior to your procedure. If you do not have this information, it should be arranged either through your GP or we can conduct a test at the clinic.
BEFORE your procedure
- Nothing to EAT, DRINK or SMOKE after midnight the night before your procedure.
- Water may be consumed up to two hours prior to your procedure.
- Don't suck sweets nor chew gum before your Clinic visit.
Need to book an appointment?Contact Us
Or have questions visit www.abortion-faq.com.au